Set back from Church Lane, the original Gothic building dates back to the 13th century; however, it was largely rebuilt in the early 1860s by T.H. Wyatt.
The chapel to the north of the nave which is finely decorated contains the tomb chest of Emma, mother of Archbishop John Stafford who died in 1446 and whose family home was nearby Southwick Manor. We use the chapel for the celebration of mid-week Holy Communion; the consecrated bread from Holy Communion is reserved in the aumbry located in the west wall of the chapel, ready to be taken to those who are sick or housebound.
The Lady Chapel which lies to the south of the nave allows for a variety of uses, including after-service hospitality and a crèche for children.